One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amenities provided within a society from public funds.
- ‘By engaging in the Accord, unions brought to life the social wage, which delivered non-wage benefits like superannuation, further education and family-friendly provisions.’
- ‘Over the past 20 years the value of the social wage has gone up by nearly 50% in real terms.’
- ‘By raising wages and by providing a social wage (including Social Security), unions and the New Deal would increase consumer demand and help solve the cause of the Depression.’
- ‘It has also meant a cut in wage levels and a reduction in the social wage.’
- ‘The municipality's social wage was R196,26 a month for every family with a total gross household income of less than R1560.’
- ‘An Accord with the unions, containing wage claims in return for reinforcement of the social wage, underwrote Hawke's economic achievements.’
- ‘In return for fewer dollars in their pay packets, workers were rewarded through the social wage, more money for schools, child care, and above all, Medicare.’
- ‘It will be necessary to ensure that Governments cannot deplete expenditures on the social wage in order to fund such compensating tax arrangements.’
- ‘Our members have a significant investment in Medicare and free bulk billing as critical elements of the social wage for which, historically, pay claims have been moderated.’
- ‘But with the so-called reform policy that began in the late 1970s, the provision of the social wage have been systematically scaled back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.