One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of psychology that deals with social interactions, including their origins and their effects on the individual.
- ‘Educators recognize the social nature of the classroom, so it is no surprise that social psychology should help us understand why students learn - and why they don't.’
- ‘Thompson is a senior at Southeast High School, where he has developed an interest in social psychology, intelligence and positive psychology.’
- ‘They note that the early history of social psychology was ‘marked by an euphoric optimism’ about the application of the methods of science to human problems.’
- ‘As undergraduate psychology majors universally learn, at its core, all psychology is social psychology.’
- ‘Many experiments in fields like social psychology are laboratory experiments rather than field experiments.’
- ‘As predicted by the literature in social psychology, the nature of the situation exerted more influence on behavior than did individual characteristics.’
- ‘Interestingly, the majority of journal investigations focused specifically on the subdisciplines of personality or social psychology.’
- ‘In addition, recognizing the growing influence of psychoanalysis and social psychology, they enlisted the new prestige of those disciplines in order to make their case.’
- ‘The literature in social psychology suggests that responses to racial discrimination will also be affected by situational factors.’
- ‘Their theory, known as the Terror Management Theory, or TMT, is a combination of social psychology and existentialism.’
- ‘The discourse analysis undertaken to answer these questions was informed by discursive social psychology.’
- ‘Sociolinguistics has close connections with the social sciences, in particular, sociology, anthropology, social psychology, and education.’
- ‘Parker goes beyond the experiments to talk about the value of social psychology in general.’
- ‘The dimensions of attitudes are grounded in the area of social psychology, which have been identified by researchers as cognition, affect, and behavior.’
- ‘The obedience experiments had a profound impact within academic social psychology, altering the central message of the discipline itself.’
- ‘Research in social psychology suggests many of us respond with aggression, but not all of us.’
- ‘A great deal of research in social psychology has been devoted to examining the effects of ‘fear appeals’ in advertising.’
- ‘Any student of social psychology should know that the subjects of their experiments cannot be apprised of the nature of the experiment without destroying its validity.’
- ‘Kurt Lewin, founder of group dynamics in social psychology, found that there are systems based around any individual that give rise to tensions between individuals.’
- ‘All have had considerable experience designing and conducting laboratory experiments in social psychology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.