One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of dedicated websites and applications to interact with other users, or to find people with similar interests to one's own.
- ‘The point of social networking is that people stay in touch.’
- ‘With fewer signs, the Yoon campaign instead touts its expertise with online tools and social networking to reach voters.’
- ‘Rather, online social networking is an opportunity to rethink the concept of surveillance.’
- ‘I have to admit I've reconnected with several old friends by finding them or being found on social networking sites.’
- ‘However, despite the nation's apparent ease with social networking, many people doubted the true identity of their online " friends ".’
- ‘You're visiting a site and maybe it's one that you get e-mail, weekly newsletters from, versus social networking.’
- ‘In the UK, the ubiquity of mobile phones has accompanied the explosion in social networking.’
- ‘Social networking is one of the biggest trends on the Web, with hundreds of millions of people participating.’
- ‘But both sites have at their heart not the music or the photos but social networking and the sharing of personal information.’
- ‘In the following, I will call attention to two aspects of surveillance in the context of online social networking which are missing or underdeveloped in the previously discussed concepts.’
- ‘My poorly made point was not that internet-based social networking does not exist, it plainly does.’
- ‘Much ink, electronic and atomic, has been expended on the subject of social networking and web 2.0.’
- ‘He reckons the gaming industry is being reinvented by social networking.’
- ‘This is social networking - often at no cost - for the masses.’
- ‘Others are using more email marketing and utilizing social networking.’
- ‘So you are talking about several well-established sites that are also launching social networking.’
- ‘From AP's Justin Pope, I learned that Lycos is repurposing its varied properties into a destination site for social networking.’
- ‘What other business models appear in the third space, aside from those we have already seen in social networking today?’
- ‘Social networking has become one of the fastest-growing internet trends of the past two years.’
- ‘The episode demonstrates the extent to which the administration views social networking as a new arrow in its diplomatic quiver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.