One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.‘individuality gives way to the struggle for social justice’
- ‘The struggle for social justice continues.’
- ‘Modern public services provide the social justice we promised would go with economic efficiency.’
- ‘His mission is to bring modernity and social justice to the town.’
- ‘Clearly her prime concern is social justice.’
- ‘He was equally uncompromising in terms of his commitment to social justice.’
- ‘He set out his agenda for a new world order in which good - peace, social justice, environmental reform - would triumph over evil.’
- ‘Both are adventurers who seek the perfect way of life, the former through sensual pleasure, the latter through social justice.’
- ‘His ideas on social justice were the foundation of new humanism and of Romanticism in general.’
- ‘The educated middle classes are voting for social justice.’
- ‘There is a growing movement for social justice for farm workers around the world.’
- ‘Fiction, by envisaging new forms of social organization, may enable us to envisage new forms of social justice.’
- ‘Queen Victoria oversees a growing, changing Britain fueled by technology and industry, while her female subjects push for equal rights and social justice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.