One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Housing provided for people on low incomes or with particular needs by government agencies or non-profit organizations.
- ‘The land was then sold for £40,000 to Yorkshire Housing for redevelopment as social housing.’
- ‘Laws passed in 1928 encouraged the construction of social housing and regulated housing estates.’
- ‘Part of the property could be used for council housing and social housing.’
- ‘He said the housing situation was becoming so serious that people from all walks of life now depended on social housing to find decent homes.’
- ‘The company had already serviced the city's social housing for a decade before it was transferred to the trust from the city council.’
- ‘The proposals followed last week's announcement of measures to boost social housing and home ownership.’
- ‘Today housing associations are replacing councils as the main provider of social housing.’
- ‘Councillors are there to look after the interests of all members of the community and that includes people requiring social housing.’
- ‘It is the only such organisation to have responsibility for housing renewal in the private sector, as well as social housing.’
- ‘George wants to stop the sale of council houses and like Oona wants to see more social housing.’
- ‘Abbey Meads is one of Swindon's newest areas and consists of many upmarket homes plus social housing.’
- ‘The debate will be on a plan for a new social plan for social housing.’
- ‘The local authorities are insisting that up to 50 per cent of the new homes have to be low-cost or social housing.’
- ‘The building rate of houses for sale in England continues to rise, but social housing is slipping off the graph.’
- ‘There was supposed to be social housing as part of the Basin development, and it was built and has now been occupied.’
- ‘The Government wants to bring all social housing into a decent condition by 2010, with most of the work in deprived areas.’
- ‘Coun Kunkler said he was pleased to see the inclusion of social housing in the scheme because it was badly needed in the Pewsey area.’
- ‘In fact social housing and affordable housing are as different as social housing and private home ownership.’
- ‘An earlier plan for 14 houses on the site, with no social housing, was rejected by officers using delegated powers.’
- ‘Its sponsors also promised that the development would include more than 4,000 units of social housing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.