One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See social democracy
- ‘After many years as a never-voting, always-protesting leftist, he is now an avowed social democrat.’
- ‘Politically, this tradition of progressive modernism has been tied to various leftist currents of thought, whether Marxist or social democrat.’
- ‘He might have described himself as a conservative social democrat, of the sort that might plausibly gravitate toward neoconservatism.’
- ‘The social democrats gambled on bourgeois democracy and the stability of capitalism.’
- ‘The first attempt to hold a congress of all Russian social democrats, in Minsk in 1898, was aborted as a result of police repression and the arrests of delegates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.