One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The networks of relationships among people who live and work in a particular society, enabling that society to function effectively.
- ‘The concept of social capital recently entered the study of politics through sociology, especially the sociology of education.’
- ‘Central to the design of the village was the principle of bridging social capital.’
- ‘To me, starting differences in social capital make a difference to what people can be expected to accomplish.’
- ‘They both are leaving a lot of social capital on the table by not taking full advantage of the power of blogs.’
- ‘The most successful social capital lies in the hands of ordinary local people operating freely.’
- ‘The relative importance of social capital can be demonstrated in the case of Poland, where our model works the best.’
- ‘On the right, greater networking social capital is in place.’
- ‘Many argue that the problem of low trust is produced by falling social capital.’
- ‘It must be based on a solid, inner core of social capital.’
- ‘An extension of Durrenberger's remarks on social capital is appropriate here also.’
- ‘Exchanging political stories probably yielded intrinsic satisfaction based on the previously developed social capital.’
- ‘Also, there has been discussion about a fourth bottom line - the criteria of social capital.’
- ‘The questions were based on a model of social capital developed by the Institute for Social Research in conjunction with Project Partnerships.’
- ‘Social capital is an unintended by-product of the constitution of human capital.’
- ‘However, different modes of attending school provide unequal opportunities for building social capital.’
- ‘Internationally, social capital has become central to development activities in developing countries.’
- ‘An innovative firm must participate in the localized social capital.’
- ‘In New York City, the social capital of connection is well-understood.’
- ‘First, where internal social capital is strong, local communities have effectively resisted state efforts to centralize forest authority.’
- ‘The concept of social capital has been used to explain how communities solve the problem of collective action.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.