One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being sociable.‘for all his sociability, he never really connects with people’
friendliness, affability, amiability, amicability, cordiality, neighbourliness, companionability, gregariousness, conviviality, clubbabilityView synonyms
- ‘The morning tea break is half an hour because this is an important time for sociability.’
- ‘Neighborhood sociability is one reason Sherry and husband David Morgan enjoy the section of Indianapolis they call home.’
- ‘Some roses blend pinks and yellows into beautiful pale tones within the same bloom, signifying sociability and friendship.’
- ‘Good manners, communication skills and sociability are qualities that have to be cultivated from childhood.’
- ‘Coffee houses were a reflection of the emerging middle class, with its emphasis on discussion, exploration of ideas, sobriety and refined sociability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.