Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used to express one's defiance.‘you can't share, so there!’
- ‘I'm going fishing today, so there!’
- ‘It's as though I feel I have to earn it - well I can honestly say I have - so there!’
- ‘I'm not talking to her, so there!’
- ‘I'm not embarrassed, and I'm certainly not letting you get me flustered. So there!’
- ‘I've never owned a car, nor have I driven one for over six years. So there!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.