One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1informal Goodbye till we meet again.
farewell, adieuView synonyms
- ‘So long, Mother. Be expecting a postcard or two in the mail, if you're lucky.’
- ‘When she walked out on the Sugababes as they hit the big time, it looked like so long, Siobhan.’
- ‘I just want it to be done with, but I don't want to deal with any of the moving or saying so long stuff.’
- ‘‘So long!’, Catharine waved goodbye to Audrey as the door closed.’
2South African In the meanwhile.
- ‘She wants me to go right now…mind the shop so long, you hear?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.