One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Progress has been satisfactory up to now.‘‘How's the job going?’ ‘So far so good.’’
- ‘The operation seems to have gone well and it's a case of so far so good but we will just have to wait and see how he recovers.’
- ‘Realistically there are some things that are going to go well and some that are going to go wrong - but so far so good.’
- ‘Just dropped in to let you know that I'm back, I had a couple of nice safe flights back home, nothing was stolen as far as I can see, no flat tires, all the cars started… so far so good!’
- ‘Anyways so far so good, Friday the 13th is ok for me today.’
- ‘All right, the sky dims to violet, then the stars come out - so far so good - and someone on a mike begins the prologue but the mike wasn't hooked up right and squeaked and fed back all through the show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.