One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Progress has been satisfactory up to now.‘‘How's the job going?’ ‘So far so good.’’
- ‘The operation seems to have gone well and it's a case of so far so good but we will just have to wait and see how he recovers.’
- ‘All right, the sky dims to violet, then the stars come out - so far so good - and someone on a mike begins the prologue but the mike wasn't hooked up right and squeaked and fed back all through the show.’
- ‘Anyways so far so good, Friday the 13th is ok for me today.’
- ‘Just dropped in to let you know that I'm back, I had a couple of nice safe flights back home, nothing was stolen as far as I can see, no flat tires, all the cars started… so far so good!’
- ‘Realistically there are some things that are going to go well and some that are going to go wrong - but so far so good.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.