One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While ski areas maintain such slopes, back-country areas are prone to snowslides, especially after a new snowfall.’
- ‘In the winter of 1983-84 a major snowslide damaged a number of buildings at the Mountain Monarch portal, and subsequent cave-ins within the haulage tunnels now block access to both mines.’
- ‘These days, with my fear of snowslides, if I'd fallen in such a place I'd have died of fright before an avalanche could take me.’
- ‘Then… when the snow began to melt later on, we were in danger of being buried in a snowslide, so we had physical exercise each day cutting willows and shoveling snow.’
- ‘An overflight of the epicentral region on Wednesday afternoon by U.S. Geological Survey scientists revealed numerous small rockslides and snowslides adjacent to the fault over a 25-mile long zone east of the town of Cantwell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.