A large partridge found in the high mountains of central and eastern Asia, with predominantly grey and white plumage.
- ‘Prior to hunting snowcock, a person must first obtain a free-use permit from the wildlife department.’
- ‘For example, Himalayan snowcocks, a bird that feeds on grasses, forbs, and sedges, are more vulnerable to raptorial predators in areas where they can forage most efficiently.’
- ‘Himalayan snowcocks got so used to us that they kept grazing as we were walking around.’
- ‘Eventually a Golden Eagle managed to frighten the snowcocks and we were rewarded with eleven birds calling as they flew in squadron formation to safety.’
- ‘Its plumage is patterned with grey, brown, white and black, but this snowcock looks pale grey from any distance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.