One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tracked vehicle for travelling over snow.
- ‘Common themes became evident, such as using biodegradable hydraulic fluid in snowcats, wildlife sensitivity, and trail designs that protect streambeds.’
- ‘All food and supplies have to be brought in by snowcat or helicopter.’
- ‘During one winter on Hood, high winds blew out a window in a snowcat being used for a rescue.’
- ‘Nate, the snowcat mechanic, gave me a ride over the pass to the Chevron in Garden City in his ancient Ford, its hefty exhaust leak filling the cab with fumes.’
- ‘Our route links temporarily into sprawling ski area trails groomed by a snowcat.’
- ‘Of the two work horses pulling implements, snowcats groom larger trails while snowmobiles most frequently cover narrower trails or work on inadequate snow to support a snowcat.’
- ‘Finally, there is the nirvana: a ski-in, ski-out home that is what it says it is: situated right on slopes which are snow-covered throughout the season and groomed by the lift company's snowcats daily.’
- ‘The Trail Tenderizer is available for operation behind a snowmobile in four- and six-foot widths and an eight-foot width for pulling behind a small snowcat.’
- ‘In 1965, the world's first heli-ski operation began ferrying clients up to the ridges of the Purcell Range - a service now offered in the region by three chopper companies and a snowcat service.’
- ‘Half an hour later, we were convincing the snowcat driver that the there was plenty of snow for him to rebuild the ramp into the longest rail at the park.’
- ‘As in Borovets, I don't believe it's a question of needing new massive investments, but simply of attending to maintenance regularly, and getting the snowcats up and down those slopes as soon as the new snow falls.’
- ‘That's when I came to work for Vail Resorts in 1984 as a snowcat operator in the winter.’
1940s: from snow + caterpillar.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.