One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American shrub of the honeysuckle family, bearing white berries and often cultivated as an ornamental or for hedging.
- ‘However, in hedgerows, aliens like fuchsia, buddleia and snowberry are pushing out native species like spindle and guelder rose.’
- ‘In the autumn it is intended to plant fruiting species of trees, including gelda rose, hawthorn, hazel, thorn and snowberry.’
- ‘Along the walls and raised beds I planted ferns, vine maple, Indian plum, ocean spray, snowberry, currants, and other low-maintenance shrubs.’
- ‘Red elderberry, snowberry, and a species of prickly currant are common in the shrub zone.’
- ‘Matings between species occur on occasion, but the hybrid offspring are short lived because they are believed to do much worse on either blueberry or snowberry than its parents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.