One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pea of a variety with an edible pod, eaten when the pod is young and flat; a mangetout.
- ‘The fish was presented on a large plate with boiled potatoes, asparagus, snow peas and baby carrots.’
- ‘To serve, arrange a cod fillet, some artichokes, and snow peas in the center of a plate.’
- ‘The original recipe calls for modest amounts of asparagus, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, peas, snow peas, tomatoes, and zucchini.’
- ‘Our Seafood Pan Roast was a tasty mix of tender wild salmon, plump prawns and savoury scallops and mussels, served in a Cajun tomato sauce, with rice, peppers, onions, snow peas and more.’
- ‘Add the snow peas, walnuts, bacon and fresh herbs in the bowl, and toss to coat and even out the goodies.’
- ‘Cook snow peas, blend and drink as a juice half a cup twice a day.’
- ‘That was stir fried with escallion and ginger in sesame seed oil with broccoli, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and pak choi.’
- ‘After 1 minute, add snow peas, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and sliced red capsicum to wok.’
- ‘It was mixed with a medley of veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, carrots etc.’
- ‘On our evening there was quail eggs, capsicum (bell peppers), sweet corn, mixed vegetables, onions, tomatoes, cauliflower and snow peas.’
- ‘Some dishes on the menu change monthly, but standbys include grilled salmon with braised greens, somen noodles, snow peas, sesame and ginger.’
- ‘Create themes for your raw veggies such as an Asian mix with snow peas, cucumber slices, shredded carrots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and bok choy.’
- ‘This came with snow peas, baby carrots and asparagus.’
- ‘Consume your favorites, but don't forget less common bodybuilding vegetables such as zucchini, green beans, snow peas, okra, squash and beets.’
- ‘Madame's had mango, almond, snow peas, prawns and asparagus with a delightful sauce, while my salmon was just simply the best.’
- ‘Try any combination of marinated vegetables such as sliced sweet peppers, snow peas, mushrooms, onion, eggplant, fennel, tomatoes and zucchini.’
- ‘This evening I served the steak with pak choi, oyster mushrooms, snow peas, slow roasted tomatoes, soya and lime vinaigrette and horseradish oil.’
- ‘For a welcome grounding among such high-pitched flavors, there's a soft hunk of roasted eggplant, a ribbon of blanched snow pea or julienned carrot, or the watery relief of a mung bean sprout.’
- ‘With wonderful aromas and flavors reminiscent of snow peas, grass, herbs, and green figs, this Sauvignon is as zesty and crisp as a salad itself.’
- ‘There were also veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas and plantains, sautéed in ginger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.