One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine which makes artificial snow and blows it on to ski slopes.
- ‘It is possible for the region not to get enough natural snow, then they will use snow cannons to produce snow artificially.’
- ‘The region has an excellent snow record - in case there isn't much snow on the lower slopes, more than 400 snow cannons can create what is needed.’
- ‘There are 500 snow cannon, though none was needed during my stay.’
- ‘In France, skiers must go as high as possible to get the best conditions but temperatures have allowed snow cannon to top up the lower slopes.’
- ‘With 20 chairs, unlimited hiking terrain, and 244 snow cannons, Baqueria Beret is the biggest resort in the mountain chain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.