A machine which makes artificial snow and blows it on to ski slopes.
- ‘The region has an excellent snow record - in case there isn't much snow on the lower slopes, more than 400 snow cannons can create what is needed.’
- ‘It is possible for the region not to get enough natural snow, then they will use snow cannons to produce snow artificially.’
- ‘In France, skiers must go as high as possible to get the best conditions but temperatures have allowed snow cannon to top up the lower slopes.’
- ‘There are 500 snow cannon, though none was needed during my stay.’
- ‘With 20 chairs, unlimited hiking terrain, and 244 snow cannons, Baqueria Beret is the biggest resort in the mountain chain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.