One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As much as one can take of something, especially alcoholic drink.‘for a hundred kopecks, you get a snootful of vodka’
- ‘There and then, after a couple of snootfuls of the devil brew, he was raring to go.’
- ‘People who have had a snootful respond differently.’
- ‘My daughter Anne and I carried signs and got a snootful of gas in the name of environmental freedom.’
- ‘I hope they catch him in a White House closet with three interns and a snootful of coke.’
- ‘They could get a snootful of jet fumes as campaign planes shuttle candidates back and forth overhead between improbable destinations in closely contested states.’
- ‘It usually blows away after a few days, but not before the dog gets a snootful and decides avoiding your place is a better option.’
- ‘We were barely seated when a sap with a snootful materialized at our table.’
- ‘I got a big snootful of it early on, and didn't really like it that much.’
- ‘As they entered the instructor's locker room using the key card, they knew they had a problem; the shower was running… whomever was in there probably hadn't gotten a good snootful of the aphrodisiac yet…’
- ‘After a snootful of bathtub gin they'd pick up the ukulele, and this was the sort of song they'd sing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.