One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In this age of television I would cut through the elite snobbism of the Yankees, Red Sox and Giants by making them put the players' names on the backs of their uniforms.’
- ‘Staying here is a luxury in tourist snobbism; you become a temporary resident and those who clamber around the cobbled streets are the outsiders.’
- ‘When I am tempted with snobbism, I think of his remark that he loved the idea that his films show on screens that a week before showed a western, and a week after will show a musical.’
- ‘A lot of alternative music publications and websites share this weird snobbism, it's a way of establishing a little in-crowd.’
- ‘Drinking wine was not a snobbism nor a sign of sophistication nor a cult; it was as natural as eating and to me as necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.