One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who shoots from a hiding place, especially accurately and at long range.‘he was killed by a sniper's bullet in the Great War’
- ‘If his squad is seen, the snipers will shoot them before they can set up for infiltration.’
- ‘When all was ready, the long-range snipers, including me and my men, began firing.’
- ‘When negotiations fail, that's when the deadly cool of the police sniper must put an end to the terror.’
- ‘He must cope alone when a mysterious sniper begins shooting the big cats in his family's private preserve.’
- ‘It's the exciting true story of a Marine sniper in the Vietnam War.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.