One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A snorter is a snob expressing their disapproval, while a sniggerer is insensitive, unsympathetic and immature.’
- ‘I'll have you sniggerers know that as well as being a churchgoer, this chap was a very good rugby player.’
- ‘We are great spontaneous sniggerers and we can do it in unison without any prompting from one another.’
- ‘A knowing snigger normally followed, but the sniggerers never acknowledged the fundamentally undemocratic assumption underpinning this kind of argument.’
- ‘Perhaps it starts with you screaming about finding your reading glasses only to be sniggeringly told by your resident sniggerer that they are perched on top of your head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.