One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With almost malevolent emphasis, newscasters snidely tell us that we're too fat, citing facts or pseudo-facts from this institute or that institute.’
- ‘And I ask that question in dead earnest, not snidely.’
- ‘Too late I remembered the Spanish for ‘very small’ and began to play out alternative scenarios in which I snidely put him in his place.’
- ‘‘Of course you wouldn't,’ she replied snidely.’
- ‘Yet still the staff carried on as if we didn't really exist, and at the conclusion of our dining, we were snidely asked if we enjoyed our meal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.