One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large American freshwater turtle with a long neck and strong hooked jaws.
- ‘In their native habitat, predators such as large water snakes, alligators, and snapping turtles keep adult bullfrogs in check, while fish slurp tadpoles.’
- ‘The marsh supports American toads, midland painted turtles, Blanding's turtles, snapping turtles, and Lake Erie water snakes.’
- ‘Fledglings frequently ride atop their parents to avoid the jaws of snapping turtles and carnivorous fish.’
- ‘We live on a pond, and every spring, big snapping turtles make their way a surprising distance from the pond to lay their eggs, and then return.’
- ‘Spanish moss trails from the branches of unfamiliar trees and the blunt noses of alligators appear through a duckweed-covered swamp that contains snapping turtles, blue gill perch and catfish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.