One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hook with a spring allowing the entrance but preventing the escape of a cord, link, etc.
- ‘Once the bottle is reached, the tail from the bottle with the snap link tied is found, and the loop of nylon (the eight - to-ten pound weak link) is attached.’
- ‘The wire, which I obtain from Harris Angling, is twisted with a twiddling stick after passing the wire twice through the eye of the swivel or snap link.’
- ‘I have a boat hook and gaff (rarely used) positioned on snap hooks that are screwed in to the glassed-in gunnel supports on the inside of the left hand gunnel.’
- ‘A lead, normally of 1 to 1.5 ounces is attached to the leger bead with a small snap link.’
- ‘The grafts were mounted onto steel cables and snap hooks in the load frame using either the holes in the tibial diaphysis or tendon graft loops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.