One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Doomed to misfortune; unlucky.‘the snakebitten space shuttle chalked up a fourth launch delay’
- ‘Those of us snakebitten by the Hollywood dream - failed screenwriters, underemployed musicians - flock to the Clippers.’
- ‘He's a gifted player who could help the Lions - if he isn't snakebitten.’
- ‘For a team that's spent recent years snakebitten, it was an injury to Tom Gugliotta in December that provided a fortunate turning point for the season: the rise of Stoudemire.’
- ‘According to Mackie, the outburst was a long time coming for Jamani, who has been snakebitten during a first-half slump.’
- ‘The snakebitten Gators should have far more going for them than last year, when they lost more manpower to injuries than any other team in the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.