One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) having very slender hips and moving in a sinuous way.
slender, leanView synonyms
- ‘Soon she is preyed upon by one Dimitri Meatte, the snake-hipped waiter in the local Italian restaurant.’
- ‘Jitterbug and jive the weekend away at the Glenn Miller festival, at Twinwood airport, or simply tap your feet as big bands hit the high notes and snake-hipped dancers take to the floor.’
- ‘At 57, he may not be quite as snake-hipped as he once was, but no matter what his current belle Penny Lancaster says, his ardour for putting on a performance hasn't drooped.’
- ‘Joe's looking every inch the snake-hipped young starlet these days, bunched hair and that pout - parents of teenage indie girls should get used to it now as in a few months’ time it's going to be plastered over bedroom walls.’
- ‘Julie's love for the snake-hipped heart-throb began when she was just six-years-old and watched all of his films with her nan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.