One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small fish of cool or cold seas, with loose jelly-like skin and typically a ventral sucker.Also called sea snail
- ‘Liparid snailfish in the genus Careproctus extrude eggs through an anteriorly positioned ovipositor into the branchial chambers of large lithodid crabs.’
- ‘In these extreme northern latitudes of Baffin Bay, bycatch consisted primarily of gelatinous snailfish, Arctic skate, and four-beard rockling.’
- ‘This showy snailfish lacks the purple stripes displayed by other specimens.’
- ‘A single-eyed immature male round snailfish Careproctus roseofuscus with length of 331 mm and weight of 650 g was caught in the Pacific waters off the northern Kurile Islands in September 2000.’
- ‘Many snailfishes have large eggs and very low fecundities which would suggest some form of parental care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.