Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The ordinary postal system as opposed to email.
post, letters, packages, parcels, correspondence, communications, airmailView synonyms
- ‘Educational follow-ups - via e-mail or snail mail - are a great way to keep customers on top of new product offerings.’
- ‘Then, they should set up a system like the current postal system, where any changes to my report are sent to me, through snail mail or email, allowing me to see what is going on with my records.’
- ‘I will continue to receive emails and comments via snail mail from my parents.’
- ‘Expect more information about the 2005 convention through snail mail, e-mail, and the summer issue of The Masthead.’
- ‘Chain letters can be received electronically or through snail mail and are not illegal on their own.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.