Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The ordinary postal system as opposed to email.
post, letters, packages, parcels, correspondence, communications, airmailView synonyms
- ‘Expect more information about the 2005 convention through snail mail, e-mail, and the summer issue of The Masthead.’
- ‘I will continue to receive emails and comments via snail mail from my parents.’
- ‘Educational follow-ups - via e-mail or snail mail - are a great way to keep customers on top of new product offerings.’
- ‘Then, they should set up a system like the current postal system, where any changes to my report are sent to me, through snail mail or email, allowing me to see what is going on with my records.’
- ‘Chain letters can be received electronically or through snail mail and are not illegal on their own.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.