Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The process of checking a new building for minor faults that need to be rectified.
- ‘The snagging and inspection of high level services is gaining momentum and we are optimistic that there will be a visible improvement in the completion of services over the next few weeks.’
- ‘Practical completion should then be achieved late this week but full/final completion of all site works and our own snagging and quality inspection will go into next week I think.’
- ‘Many developments go through difficulties, most have to sell properties while the site is incomplete and dirty, snagging is a perennial irritation - all this is not ideal, but yet properties still manage to get successfully sold.’
- ‘It was stated that you wish to purchase our materials and have Hayes Industries complete the entire works including snagging 4/12 and 1st Radius Area.’
- ‘They stated that until the M & E work and its snagging is completed, work on the ceilings and floors can only follow tightly on these completions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.