One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Muscle tissue in which the contractile fibrils are not highly ordered, occurring in the gut and other internal organs and not under voluntary control.Often contrasted with striated muscle
- ‘Topical phenylephrine, which increases the tone of the sphincter smooth muscle, is under development.’
- ‘The inhaled bronchodilators relieve only the airway narrowing from spasm of the bronchial smooth muscle.’
- ‘On the other hand, melatonin reportedly induced contraction of bovine bronchial smooth muscle.’
- ‘Blood vessels only work when both endothelia and vascular smooth muscle are bound together.’
- ‘The myometrium is a thick coat containing smooth muscle and abundant connective tissues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.