Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Muscle tissue in which the contractile fibrils are not highly ordered, occurring in the gut and other internal organs and not under voluntary control.Often contrasted with striated muscle
- ‘The inhaled bronchodilators relieve only the airway narrowing from spasm of the bronchial smooth muscle.’
- ‘On the other hand, melatonin reportedly induced contraction of bovine bronchial smooth muscle.’
- ‘The myometrium is a thick coat containing smooth muscle and abundant connective tissues.’
- ‘Blood vessels only work when both endothelia and vascular smooth muscle are bound together.’
- ‘Topical phenylephrine, which increases the tone of the sphincter smooth muscle, is under development.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.