One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A Singapore academic said last week that smoochers may drop their lids to avoid overloading the senses and - just possibly - to skip the unpleasantness of seeing their lover's blurry form up close.’
- ‘Having just recorded his Love's Illusions album, Gordon is clearly in the mood to perform some classic smoochers with his singing partner, Jacqui Dankworth.’
- ‘At least four smoochers had brushed their teeth before kissing.’
- ‘The spot was a favourite rendezvous for smoochers and joint smokers, as well as those who simply liked to gaze out at twinkling city lights.’
- ‘Naturally there are the necessary slow numbers for the swaying smoochers - Gemma finds that there's always at least ‘two couples dancing to those - there's always a few standards to get people in the mood’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.