One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Having just recorded his Love's Illusions album, Gordon is clearly in the mood to perform some classic smoochers with his singing partner, Jacqui Dankworth.’
- ‘Naturally there are the necessary slow numbers for the swaying smoochers - Gemma finds that there's always at least ‘two couples dancing to those - there's always a few standards to get people in the mood’.’
- ‘At least four smoochers had brushed their teeth before kissing.’
- ‘A Singapore academic said last week that smoochers may drop their lids to avoid overloading the senses and - just possibly - to skip the unpleasantness of seeing their lover's blurry form up close.’
- ‘The spot was a favourite rendezvous for smoochers and joint smokers, as well as those who simply liked to gaze out at twinkling city lights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.