One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of incontrovertible incriminating evidence.‘the trial's long-awaited smoking gun failed to surface’
- ‘Each new revelation was the smoking gun that was going to end his presidency.’
- ‘There are no smoking guns, but there's a nexus of circumstantial evidence behind most of the stories the sport throws up.’
- ‘Certainly, there was no evidence given today that was really a legal smoking gun, if you will.’
- ‘Yes, I think ultimately the White House is going to have to show some concrete evidence, a smoking gun.’
- ‘We knew from the Columbia Investigation there were likely to be few smoking guns; the evidence was mostly public testimony and clarified during various news conferences during and after the hearings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.