One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of incontrovertible incriminating evidence.‘the trial's long-awaited smoking gun failed to surface’
- ‘There are no smoking guns, but there's a nexus of circumstantial evidence behind most of the stories the sport throws up.’
- ‘Yes, I think ultimately the White House is going to have to show some concrete evidence, a smoking gun.’
- ‘Certainly, there was no evidence given today that was really a legal smoking gun, if you will.’
- ‘We knew from the Columbia Investigation there were likely to be few smoking guns; the evidence was mostly public testimony and clarified during various news conferences during and after the hearings.’
- ‘Each new revelation was the smoking gun that was going to end his presidency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.