One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A smoked haddock.
- ‘A list of Scotland's top foods could also have included Cullen skink, Arbroath smokies, West Coast scallops, langoustines, herring and Ayrshire potatoes.’
- ‘Smoked fish is now eaten all year round - but juicy kippers, smoked Finnan haddock or delicious Arbroath smokies are still especially tempting round about now.’
- ‘As for raw ingredients, the list is endless: from humble Ayrshire bacon, black pudding and Arbroath smokies to some of the finest game, beef and lamb you will find anywhere in the world; the choice is vast.’
- ‘The first dish that literally made my mouth water was a warm timbale of Arbroath smokies.’
- ‘I like places where you can dine on things like Arbroath smokies with eggs and colcannon [mashed potato with cabbage].’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.