One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A persistent cough caused by excessive smoking.
- ‘Persons who stop smoking sometimes are surprised that their smoker's cough continues for a week or two.’
- ‘People who smoke a pack a day or more often have some kinds of respiratory impairment even if it's just a smoker's cough.’
- ‘His words trailed off into a deep, throaty chortle, which then evolved into a harsh smoker's cough.’
- ‘Furthermore, one in five smokers aged 15-54 have a persistent smoker's cough, yet 48% do not realise that this can be an early warning sign of lung disease.’
- ‘Meanwhile, a new UK survey has revealed one in five smokers suffers from a persistent smoker's cough.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.