One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Producing or emitting little or no smoke.‘smokeless fuel’
- ‘Fully laden, the vessel which is registered in St John's, was delivering a cargo of slack for the smokeless fuel plant at Arigna.’
- ‘Solid-fuel appliances burning anything other than smokeless fuels will produce sooty deposits in the chimney flue.’
- ‘In Ireland they have compressed peat briquettes as a smokeless city fuel, what is the Christchurch alternative?’
- ‘The company, which has an annual turnover of £23m, employs more than 400 people in Bolsover, producing solid smokeless fuel, and refining crude oil derivatives into a variety of oils and chemical products.’
- ‘The new operational premises at Nursteed Road trading estate includes a cash-and-carry warehouse for coal and a wide variety of smokeless fuels, together with a fully equipped 6,000 square foot workshop for vehicle and plant servicing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.