One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of wind tunnel using thin jets of smoke to show the motion of air.
- ‘Dr. Strom worked on early versions of wind and smoke tunnels to study air pollution and smoke and fume dispersal from industrial smokestacks.’
- ‘Once the cars are produced, students test them in Pitsco's wind and smoke tunnels.’
- ‘The shock tube provides a chance for students to observe transient flow, and the smoke tunnel makes it possible view the flow pattern around small objects.’
- ‘A fan in the smoke tunnel draws smoke into the interior of the housing adjacent a smoke detection device.’
- ‘Demonstrations in wind and smoke tunnels showed them how vehicle shape affects its speed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.