One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Smoke tobacco incessantly.‘ironic—you smoke like a chimney and the lungs are OK’
- ‘Minttu smokes like a chimney… so I smoked too (like I needed an excuse).’
- ‘MICHAEL DELVECCHIO tells PageSix.com, ‘She was drinking and smoking like a chimney, so we asked the security guard to tell her to put out her cigarette because there were young children present, but she just kept on doing it..’’
- ‘My husband never smoked, but he grew up in a house where his father smoked like a chimney, a total chain smoker.’
- ‘I actually like the smell of stale cigarette smoke, because my grandmother, whose visits I loved as a kid, smoked like a chimney.’
- ‘Black says, quote, ‘I went on a kind of crazy rampage, me and another member of the cast, who will remain nameless, just running around, dancing around, and drinking, and exercising, and smoking like a chimney.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.