One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for smoke tree
- ‘The smoke bush's few requirements are full sun and a well-drained soil that's low in fertility.’
- ‘One plant which is often sold as a shrub but if left untouched, will eventually reach mammoth proportions, is cotinus coggygria, or as it is more commonly known, the smoke bush.’
- ‘I like the shrubs purple hazel (Corylus maxima purpurea), black elder Sambucus nigra ‘Guincho Purple’ and the smoke bush Cotinus coggygria.’
- ‘When plants such as barberry, grapevine, ornamental grasses, and smoke bush are in their full glory, they create a garden's final drama of the year.’
- ‘Depending upon your point of view, smoke tree or smoke bush (Cotinus coggygria, zones 4 to 8) is a treelike shrub or shrubby tree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.