One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yes indeed I had fun in Amarillo, despite some comics smirkily telling me that wouldn't be possible.’
- ‘You want to say, ‘I planned it that way,’ but a self-betraying, smirkily ironic tone enters your voice.’
- ‘And I might have just sat there smiling smirkily and shaking my head back and forth while he screamed repeatedly, ‘For god sakes say SOMETHING!’’
- ‘This way-out, smirkily comic adventure pits ten-year-old Lily and her friends against whales determined to take over the world.’
- ‘I heard that when wife Elizabeth refreshed Cheney's memory after the debate, he smirkily replied ‘Oh Yeah’ indicating that he had indeed remembered their meetings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.