One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our presentation to the president and company went smashingly, and it was an unqualified success.’
- ‘Zen 8 was out of salmon skin, but we hit the jackpot at Sushi Kawa - the salmon was smashingly crispy, the rolls expertly composed.’
- ‘At this point the music changes to a jolly bouncy tune, sung absolutely smashingly by Oliver Reed.’
- ‘Everything comes together smashingly, in an extended dénouement that… reasserts the power of stories and songs to represent, sustain and complete us.’
- ‘The tour is going absolutely, smashingly well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.