One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Zen 8 was out of salmon skin, but we hit the jackpot at Sushi Kawa - the salmon was smashingly crispy, the rolls expertly composed.’
- ‘At this point the music changes to a jolly bouncy tune, sung absolutely smashingly by Oliver Reed.’
- ‘Our presentation to the president and company went smashingly, and it was an unqualified success.’
- ‘The tour is going absolutely, smashingly well.’
- ‘Everything comes together smashingly, in an extended dénouement that… reasserts the power of stories and songs to represent, sustain and complete us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.