One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A violent collision, especially of cars.‘multi-vehicle smash-ups’
crash, multiple crash, car crash, collision, multiple collision, accident, car accident, road accident, traffic accident, road traffic accident, bumpView synonyms
- ‘There was severe traffic congestion on Sunset Drive a few minutes before 11 pm but police officers blamed this on a four-car smash-up on the Western Main Road.’
- ‘One man is dead and seven others, including two teenage students, remain warded at hospital, after a two-car smash-up at La Romaine on Thursday night.’
- ‘Around 12.15 am, six cars were involved in a smash-up on Caroni Bridge, where two three-car collisions occurred simultaneously.’
- ‘The other incident, a five-car smash-up, left drivers moving at a snail's pace after along the Lady Young Road near the Hilton Trinidad.’
- ‘It's a perfectly flat and straight six-lane highway, yet it's also the recurring scene for horrifying smash-ups, for the same reasons the road to Whistler is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.