One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mobile device with a touchscreen display, designed to be worn on the wrist.‘the main benefit of a smartwatch is that it keeps you constantly updated without you having to whip out your smartphone’
- ‘It appears to be a patent for the concept of a smartwatch that includes a flip up display.’
- ‘Other major PC manufacturers have also reportedly investigated the possibility of releasing a touchscreen smartwatch.’
- ‘It can be personalised with more dedicated apps than other smartwatches to seamlessly suit its owners' needs.’
- ‘The Nismo smartwatch can also connect wirelessly to vehicles' on-board computers.’
- ‘I'm hoping this technology takes off, and perhaps a ring is a better way to do it than a smartwatch for these kinds of applications.’
- ‘More than 40 million smartwatches are expected to be sold by 2016.’
- ‘"A successful smartwatch likely needs to create a completely new market and not compete on fashion or luxury brand prestige," Chen said.’
- ‘She gave few concrete details about the forthcoming gadgets, saying only that the smartwatch would run on Android and would not have a flexible display.’
- ‘The company is believed to be working on a so-called "smartwatch" that would work like a wrist-bound smartphone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.