One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mobile device with a touchscreen display, designed to be worn on the wrist.‘the main benefit of a smartwatch is that it keeps you constantly updated without you having to whip out your smartphone’
- ‘She gave few concrete details about the forthcoming gadgets, saying only that the smartwatch would run on Android and would not have a flexible display.’
- ‘It appears to be a patent for the concept of a smartwatch that includes a flip up display.’
- ‘"A successful smartwatch likely needs to create a completely new market and not compete on fashion or luxury brand prestige," Chen said.’
- ‘Other major PC manufacturers have also reportedly investigated the possibility of releasing a touchscreen smartwatch.’
- ‘I'm hoping this technology takes off, and perhaps a ring is a better way to do it than a smartwatch for these kinds of applications.’
- ‘The company is believed to be working on a so-called "smartwatch" that would work like a wrist-bound smartphone.’
- ‘More than 40 million smartwatches are expected to be sold by 2016.’
- ‘The Nismo smartwatch can also connect wirelessly to vehicles' on-board computers.’
- ‘It can be personalised with more dedicated apps than other smartwatches to seamlessly suit its owners' needs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.