One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And the sight never failed to fill you with excitement that soon you would be caught up by the city's noise, energy, brashness, ebullience, smartness and wit.’
- ‘At the end, I was greatly impressed by the smartness and keenness of all of them, and by the firmness and intelligence of their questions.’
- ‘‘To drive in Budapest, you need fast reaction and smartness,’ he told me, chasing an old lady with shopping bags along the pavement.’
- ‘Who knew Webster's would define ‘dowdy’ as ‘lacking in smartness or taste’?’
- ‘When James first gave me a copy of the original I was absolutely astonished by its power, its passion and its smartness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.