One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘To drive in Budapest, you need fast reaction and smartness,’ he told me, chasing an old lady with shopping bags along the pavement.’
- ‘At the end, I was greatly impressed by the smartness and keenness of all of them, and by the firmness and intelligence of their questions.’
- ‘When James first gave me a copy of the original I was absolutely astonished by its power, its passion and its smartness.’
- ‘Who knew Webster's would define ‘dowdy’ as ‘lacking in smartness or taste’?’
- ‘And the sight never failed to fill you with excitement that soon you would be caught up by the city's noise, energy, brashness, ebullience, smartness and wit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.