A radio-controlled or laser-guided bomb.
- ‘In the past few years, smart bombs and cruise missiles have become vastly more accurate, due to the use of Global Positioning Satellites to guide the weapons to their targets.’
- ‘Doing so is even more important than building all the smart bombs and cruise missiles we need, because not only will this war be entirely new, it will also be insanely complicated.’
- ‘It alone - allied with the working people internationally - has a potential power greater than that of the ruling elite with its smart bombs and cruise missiles.’
- ‘Science has given us smart bombs, the Atom bomb, GM foods and models with breasts that are just impossible.’
- ‘These aircraft flew 20,753 combat sorties and used 18,467 smart bombs and missiles and 9,251 dumb bombs.’
- ‘One is left with the impression that these were car bombs, not smart bombs.’