One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
plural nounNZ, Australian
Cooked meats and meat products.
- ‘Don't leave without trying the smallgoods, sausages or salami.’
- ‘Today the judges are continuing to work their way through entries ranging from breads, olive oils, preserves, smallgoods and dairy products.’
- ‘In addition to the smallgoods, softdrinks and blackmarket beer sold from a sprinkling of tiny tradestores and ‘tucker boxes’, betelnut and baked or fried snacks are sold from small stalls in its pathways.’
- ‘The grocers have jointly invested $22 million in the smallgoods venture.’
- ‘Apart from pre-packaged bacon and ham, the company produces saveloys and a range of other smallgoods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.