Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
plural nounAustralian, NZ
Cooked meats and meat products.
- ‘Don't leave without trying the smallgoods, sausages or salami.’
- ‘Today the judges are continuing to work their way through entries ranging from breads, olive oils, preserves, smallgoods and dairy products.’
- ‘The grocers have jointly invested $22 million in the smallgoods venture.’
- ‘Apart from pre-packaged bacon and ham, the company produces saveloys and a range of other smallgoods.’
- ‘In addition to the smallgoods, softdrinks and blackmarket beer sold from a sprinkling of tiny tradestores and ‘tucker boxes’, betelnut and baked or fried snacks are sold from small stalls in its pathways.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.