One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
plural nounAustralian, NZ
Cooked meats and meat products.
- ‘Apart from pre-packaged bacon and ham, the company produces saveloys and a range of other smallgoods.’
- ‘The grocers have jointly invested $22 million in the smallgoods venture.’
- ‘In addition to the smallgoods, softdrinks and blackmarket beer sold from a sprinkling of tiny tradestores and ‘tucker boxes’, betelnut and baked or fried snacks are sold from small stalls in its pathways.’
- ‘Don't leave without trying the smallgoods, sausages or salami.’
- ‘Today the judges are continuing to work their way through entries ranging from breads, olive oils, preserves, smallgoods and dairy products.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.