One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The policy of a cheap shop which relies on low prices and a large turnover.
- ‘Local enterprises are urged to pursue small profits and quick returns to compete for a larger market share.’
- ‘We believe in honesty, fine quality, small profits and quick returns.’
- ‘Dorothy Davis characterizes some of the 19 th century sales innovations as ‘summed up in a new saying: small profits and quick returns.’’
- ‘Following the dark hour of absolute panic, labor will be thankful for what it can get and will save slowly out of smaller wages, while capital will be content with small profits and quick returns.’
- ‘The men of Yathreb were narrow-minded, of the peasant and shopkeeping spirit, and they lived parsimoniously on small profits and quick returns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.