Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A versatile forward who is effective outside the key as well as near the net.
- ‘It likely will have the ninth pick but would like to move up a bit to get an athletic small forward or power forward.’
- ‘Self envisions Wright at point guard, small forward or even power forward.’
- ‘Robinson averaged 38.9 minutes in those games, defending small forwards, power forwards and centers.’
- ‘He still is not big enough to hold off bulky power forwards, but he is athletic and smart enough to guard versatile power forwards and even small forwards.’
- ‘He also frustrates pick-setters because he is smart enough and quick enough to defend shooting guards, small forwards and power forwards.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.