One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for slack
- ‘The errors were many: small coal used in making coke charged at less than cost; production overheads allocated over only part of the output (and therefore at too high a rate) and, worst of all, for interdepartmental comparison.’
- ‘‘I've overcome odds just being the youngest of five kids and growing up in a small coal mining town in West Virginia,’ she admits.’
- ‘Piles of black slag marked the entrances to small coal mines.’
- ‘At the time of acquisition, 65% of the company's production was untreated small coal for use in blending for power stations.’
- ‘The organization would insure that any law passed would not only ‘satisfy the public,’ but also keep small coal competitive.’
- ‘In some small coal mines, the density of dust particles was found to be 130 times the State standard.’
- ‘Xinhua said on Wednesday that China plans to close down another 30 per cent of its small coal mines this year, and reduce coal mine deaths by 10 per cent.’
- ‘The most primitive form of production was in clamps or piles, covered with earth or turves, and fired with small coal.’
- ‘Following two serious coal mine accidents, Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province has ordered all small coal mines in the province to immediately stop production and improve their safety precautions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.