One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A light tapering sword used for duelling.
- ‘The opening small sword duel alone makes it worth seeing.’
- ‘They were various weapons, including small swords, bows and arrows, hand axes, flails, nunchakus, and even a three sectional staff.’
- ‘‘Too late,’ he retorted as he threw a small sword that resembled a katana to her.’
- ‘By the 17th Century the French had started to document the science of the small sword.’
- ‘This is the list as supplied by Kanwar, the author of the Tazkrah: 1,000 swords, 217 small swords, 114 daggers, 278 shields, 173 bows, and 180 rifles.’
- ‘Light cavalry carried a small sword and two or three javelins while the heavy force was equipped with scimitar, mace and a 4 meter lance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.