One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He can pull a prank with craftiness and slyness, so cunningly that even the heroes of war would not be able to spot it.’
- ‘He was often accused of political intractability, lack of imperativeness and excessive slyness.’
- ‘He seems to know all the possible ways one might lie-with craftiness, slyness, deception.’
- ‘And there's more, quite a lot, actually, starting with the boy's transparent slyness.’
- ‘‘The slyness was a horrible moral and personal version of spots,’ he says, ‘and I think I just grew out of it in a strange way.’’
- ‘He was often accused of political intractability, a lack of imperativeness, too great a readiness to take clairvoyants seriously, and excessive slyness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.